Made as directed except we uesd 1 lb. of jumbo shrimp (8 - 10 ct.). Served with curried cauliflower and couscous with peas and feta. Absolutely fabulous!
Tandoori-Spiced Grilled Shrimp with Mint-Cilantro Chutney
This recipe makes a generous amount of the fresh herb chutney. Serve extra with cumin-spiced rice, samosas, or other Indian-inspired dishes. Serve the shrimp skewers with basmati rice or naan (Indian flatbread) heated on the grill.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 15.2g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 334mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 32 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 16 (1-inch) pieces green bell pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- To prepare shrimp, combine the first 3 ingredients in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Cool. Place the spice mixture in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground.
- Combine spice mixture, yogurt, and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal. Toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine onion wedges, bell pepper, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade. Thread 4 shrimp, 2 tomatoes, 2 onion wedges, and 2 bell pepper pieces alternately onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Lightly coat skewers with cooking spray. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- To prepare chutney, combine mint and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Serve with skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note