This was fantastic, my DH loved it! I made it just as the recipe said but found I had to keep pouring off liquid from the shrimp mixture as I was cooking it so that I could get a nice brown color like the picture. Flavorful and the chutney tasted great - had lots leftover. though. Could probably cut it in half.
Tandoori Shrimp with Coconut-Cilantro Chutney
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
More From Coastal Living
Chill Time: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut or vegetable oil
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Coconut-Cilantro Chutney
- Plain yogurt
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add shrimp, stirring to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with rice, Coconut-Cilantro Chutney, and yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This