Tandoori Shrimp Skewers
Recipe from a Harris Teeter recipe card: Summer 2011 by Integrated Marketing Services, Apopka, FL.
Marinate: 20 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 3-ounce package(s) tandoori marinade mix or masala marinade
- 2 tablespoon(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) long-grain white rice
- 1 cup(s) canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place shrimp in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine tandoori mix and yogurt. Add to shrimp; stir to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 20 minutes.
- 2. For the rice, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add coconut milk and 1½ cups water; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; set aside until serving.
- 3. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 5 or 6 shrimp onto each of 4 skewers. Grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side or until pink. Remove from grill. Place rice on a serving platter, and place skewers on rice. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note