The flavors were fantastic, but I need to work on the technique. The sandwiches came out more soggy than I would have liked. Next time I will try grilling the chicken and putting the bread on the pizza stone to crisp it more. I will definitely make this again because it was so tasty!
Tandoori Naan Chicken Sandwiches
Combine two Indian classics – tandoori chicken and naan – in a flavorful sandwich topped with mint, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Look for the naan bread in Indian markets or in the bakery section of the grocery store.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 770
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 55g
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Sodium: 1522mg
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders, patted dry
- 4 medium plain or garlic-flavored naan breads, about 4 oz. each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 4 ounces feta cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Whisk together yogurt, seasonings, and oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let marinate 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Spread chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until cooked through, 8 minutes. Meanwhile, continue with recipe.
- 3. Dab naan with a little butter on each side, spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in oven on rack below chicken; cook until toasted and crisped, about 8 minutes.
- 4. Cut naan in half crosswise and make sandwiches with naan, chicken, tomatoes, onion, feta, mint, and cilantro. Cut each in half if large.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note