The flavors were fantastic, but I need to work on the technique. The sandwiches came out more soggy than I would have liked. Next time I will try grilling the chicken and putting the bread on the pizza stone to crisp it more. I will definitely make this again because it was so tasty!
Tandoori Naan Chicken Sandwiches
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 770
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 55g
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Sodium: 1522mg
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders, patted dry
- 4 medium plain or garlic-flavored naan breads, about 4 oz. each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 4 ounces feta cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Whisk together yogurt, seasonings, and oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let marinate 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Spread chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until cooked through, 8 minutes. Meanwhile, continue with recipe.
- 3. Dab naan with a little butter on each side, spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in oven on rack below chicken; cook until toasted and crisped, about 8 minutes.
- 4. Cut naan in half crosswise and make sandwiches with naan, chicken, tomatoes, onion, feta, mint, and cilantro. Cut each in half if large.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes