More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 20
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 4.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Seeds from 6 green or white cardamom pods (or 1/8 teaspoon cardamom seed)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black or regular cumin seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 in.)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cayenne (about 1/4 teaspoon for moderately hot)
- 1. Remove seed from 6 green or white cardamom pods (or use 1/8 teaspoon cardamom seed).
- 2. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, combine cardamom seed, 1 tablespoon coriander seed, 1 1/2 teaspoons black or regular cumin seed, 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves, 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, and 1 cinnamon stick (1 in.). Stir often until the mixture is aromatic and the seeds are lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour the spice mixture into a blender or spice grinder and whirl or grind to a fine powder.
- 4. Add 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger; whirl to mix. Season to taste with cayenne (about 1/4 teaspoon for moderately hot). If making tandoori masala up to 1 week ahead, store airtight.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This