Tammy's Soup Starter
This a bottling project for those of you that love home made all year long. this recipe will make 21 quart jars.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) fresh tomatoes (3 large bowls) Core, scald & peal chop if you like chunky or pure if you want sm
- 15 Carrots, Chunk or chop
- 5 Onions Chunk of chopped (your preference)
- 1/2 cup(s) Salt Do not used Iodized Salt (it will turn the veggies brown over tim
- 2/3 cup(s) Sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) Barley (11 oz box)
- 1 cup(s) split peas (optional)
- 1 bunch(es) Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 head(s) Cabbage Chopped
- 2 zucchinis Chunked not to small
- Put celery, carrots, onions & barley in pot cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 min. Drain off 1/4 of the water. Add tomatoes, salt, sugar, pepper, & parsley. Bring to a boil. Add cabbage, zucchini. Cook for 7 min just to blanch veggies. Cold pack. Bottle
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Marybowser and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note