Tamil Chicken Wings
Elagupillai Mageswari seasons chicken wings with a fragrant Sri Lankan paste and serves them with a refreshing cucumber salad.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 658mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 1 stalk (2 oz.) fresh lemon grass or 3 strips (3 by 1/2 in. each) lemon peel (yellow part only), chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs, rinsed
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 8 chicken wings (about 1 3/4 lb. total), rinsed and patted dry
- Cucumber Salad
- 1. Remove stem end and tough outer leaves from lemon grass. Cut inner stalk into chunks; put in a food processor with cilantro, garlic, salt, turmeric, and pepper. Whirl until finely minced. Pat mixture over chicken wings. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- 2. Lay chicken wings on a lightly oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until no longer pink at the bone (cut to test), about 15 minutes total. Transfer to a platter. Serve with Cucumber Salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note