- 2 cup(s) rice
- 1 cup(s) tamarind
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) termeric
- For season
- 1/4 cup(s) chana dal
- 1/4 cup(s) peanuts
- 1 teaspoon(s) urid dal
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) jeera
- 1 sprig(s) curry leaves
- 5 whole(s) red chillies
- Soak tamarind of lemon size in warm water and extract thick juice out of it.
- Cook rice, add salt and a little oil and mix it well. Keep it separately.
- Now in a frying pan, take tamarind extract, add salt, turmeric in it and cook until it thickens.
- Add this cooked tamarind extract (according to taste) into the rice and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all seasoning items fry.
- As the ingredients turns brown and the mustard starts to splutter, mix all these to the above prepared rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vinodgnp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tamarind Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes