Tamale Pot Pie
Not your "usual" pot pie filling...this will be a hit!
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (2 1/4-oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1 egg
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned; drain. Stir in corn, tomatoes, olives, 2 tablespoons baking mix, chili powder, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil; boil stirring frequently, one minute. Keep warm over low heat.
- Stir together remaining ingredients until blended. Pour beef mixture into an ungreased 9"x9" baking pan. Spread cornmeal mixture over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tamale Pot Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Casseroles