Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Sodium: 1004mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 portion Master Meat Mix (about 1 lb. 11 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 1-lb. rolls prepared polenta
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat mix, chili powder and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until beef is browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in adobo and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 3 minutes.
- 2. Mist a 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray. Slice both rolls of polenta into 1/8-inch rounds, about 30 pieces total. Line bottom of pan with half of polenta, overlapping if needed.
- 3. Spread meat mixture evenly over polenta and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Arrange remaining polenta on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes