If you love tamales, our Tamale Pie is for you. We take a shortcut with a make-ahead savory ground beef and kidney bean filling and top with prepared polenta rounds--tasty and quick!
More From Allyou
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Sodium: 1004mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 portion Master Meat Mix (about 1 lb. 11 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 1-lb. rolls prepared polenta
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat mix, chili powder and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until beef is browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in adobo and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 3 minutes.
- 2. Mist a 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray. Slice both rolls of polenta into 1/8-inch rounds, about 30 pieces total. Line bottom of pan with half of polenta, overlapping if needed.
- 3. Spread meat mixture evenly over polenta and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Arrange remaining polenta on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note