This recipe came to our family through a friend of our mom's. Mrs. Goularte or DeSanti made it for us when our grandmother passed away in 1969.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) green pepper chopped
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 12 ounce(s) medium egg noodles
- 2 8 oz can(s) tomato sauce
- 1 can(s) cream corn
- 1 cup(s) olives sliced
- 2 cup(s) cheese grated
- Heat oil in large skillet adding prepared onion, green pepper, garlic and beef. Add seasonings and saute until meat is well browned. Add tomato sauce, creamed corn and 1/2 olives. Simmer slowly about 25 minutes. Meanwhile parboil the noodles about 4-5 minutes. Mix into meat mixture pouring into 13 x 9 casserole. Bake 25 minutes. Add cheese and the other 1/2 of the olives and continue baking 5 more minutes.
- I play with the ingredients sometimes making it more Italian or more Mexican. I might even add peas or green beans!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarenHuffman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note