Taffy Apple Salad
Great treat for picnics and family gatherings - really tastes like taffy apples but much easier to eat!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vinegar
- 1 egg
- Juice from 10 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 4 cup(s) granny smith apples cubed
- 1 (8 oz.) container(s) extra creamy cool whip
- 1 cup(s) cocktail peanuts
- 1 (10 oz.) can(s) crushed pineapple drained and saved for above
- Put sugar and flour in pan - mix vinegar and egg together. Combine vinegar and egg misture with sugar and flour and add pineapple juice over low heat. Stir constantly. When it comes to a boil, remove from heat. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- After sauce cools, combine sauce, apples, Cool Whip and peanuts and serve.
- (NOTE: I have found if keeping for a while to add peanuts later so they don't get soggy - just a personal preference)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KathyGill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note