- 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 (8-ounce) packages frozen corn tortillas, thawed
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot Sauce
How to Make It
Combine meat, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and onion in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
Fry tortillas in deep hot oil (375°) until crisp, folding in middle to form taco shell. Drain on paper towels.
Fill each taco shell with 2 tablespoons meat mixture; top with lettuce mixture and cheese. Serve with hot sauce.