This is a crowd pleaser! They do take a little time to make since you are making so many, but they are worth it. I serve them with sour cream and salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 40 won ton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Tex-Mex Mayonnaise or sour cream and salsa
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return beef mixture to skillet. Add 1/4 cup water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon of mixture onto center of each won ton wrapper.
- Moisten won ton wrapper edges with water. Bring corners together, pressing to seal.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 365°. Fry filled won tons, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on wire racks over paper towels.
- Note: Store uncooked appetizers in an airtight container in freezer up to 1 month. Fry, unthawed, in hot oil 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note