Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 zucchinis cut in half lenthwise
- 1/2 cup(s) mild salsa
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Bell pepper Chopped
- 4 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced fat mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) scallions chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 1/4 cup of salsa in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell on each half. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside 3/4 of a cup to add to the taco filling, (squeeze excess water with a paper towel) discarding the rest or save to use in another recipe. Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water.
- Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well. Add the onion, bell pepper, reserved zucchini, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the taco meat equally, about 1/3 cup in each, pressing firmly. Top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through. Top with scallions and serve with salsa on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes