everyone loves this. I've been making it regularly for more than 10 years!
Turn tacos into a flavorful soup with this easy recipe. The baked tortilla strips add crunch and go well with the vegetables in the taco soup.
Yield: Makes 10 cups
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can ranch beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope Ranch-style dressing mix
- 5 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Brown beef in a stockpot, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Return beef to pot.
- Rinse and drain pinto beans, corn, and green beans. Stir pinto beans and next 8 ingredients into beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400° for 5 to 8 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with tortilla strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note