Really great bright flavors from the cilantro-lime vinaigrette that balances well with the kick of your taco seasoning (mine was homemade and spicy). I used 2 cups cooked lentils instead of the Smart Ground; it turned out really well. Satisfied my taco/Mexican/Tex-Mex cravings while living abroad in Belgium. Easy, healthy, satisfying meal.
Taco Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
An ice-cold beer is all you need to complete the meal with this main-dish salad that's topped with a zesty cilantro-lime dressing. The mushrooms add meaty texture and flavor. Try rolling up the salad mixture in iceberg lettuce leaves for a quick-and-easy variation.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 328mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 cups refrigerated meatless fat-free crumbles (such as Lightlife Smart Ground)
- 2 teaspoons 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- 16 light restaurant-style tortilla chips (such as Tostitos)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add crumbles and taco seasoning. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated; set aside.
- 2. Layer lettuce, onion, and crumbles mixture evenly on each of 4 plates. Top with salsa, if desired; drizzle evenly with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette. Top with cheese, if desired. Serve each salad with tortilla chips.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This