Inspired by Dolores's ideas, our Test Kitchens staff came up with this recipe.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 package (4 cups) Savory Meat Base, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package taco salad shells
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Toppings: shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, chopped tomato, sour cream, salsa, sliced ripe olives, sliced jalapeño pepper
- Heat Savory Meat Base in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in chili powder and next 3 ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bake 6 taco salad shells according to package directions, reserving remaining shells for another use.
- Fill each shell with lettuce, and top evenly with meat mixture. Serve with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Old El Paso Taco Salad Shells.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes