Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Taco Pie
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. masa harina
- 1 t. salt
- For the fillings, cook:
- 1/2 t. each garlic powder and cumin
- 1/4 t. each dried oregano and coriander
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. refried black or pinto beans
- 1/4 c. shredded onion
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 T. adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, minced
- (I use diced green chilis)
- salt and pepper
- 1 avacado,
- 1/4 c. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. cilantro
- 2 t. fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Garnish with shredded cheese, romaine, corn chips, pico de gallo and sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 350. For the crust cook water, masa harina, and salt in a pan over med-high heat, whisking constantly until very thick, about 6 minutes. Spread dough onto baking sheet. When cool enougth to handle, press dough into an oiled 8 in. skillet with greased hands; bake until firm, 30 minutes. Keep oven on.
- For the fillings, cook garlic powder, cumin, oregano and coriander in 1 T. oil in skilled over med-high heat until fragrant, 30 sec. Add beans; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Spread mixture into the bottom of the cooked crust. Wipe out skillet. Saute onion in 1 T. oil in same skillet over high heat, 1 minute. Add beef; saute until cooked. Drain all but 2 T. of drippings from pan, reduce heat to med. and stir in chipotle chiles, adobo, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture over beans and transfer to oven to keep pie warm while prepping avacado mixture.
- After pureeing avacado mixture and seasoning it with salt and pepper, spread over pie.
- Garnish pie with remaining ingredients. Serve at room temp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Taco Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes