Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- bar(s) xxx
- Servings: 6-8 Prep Time: 5min Cook Time: 10min Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 8-12 ounces medium pasta shells or other small dry pasta shapes
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup, frozen onions are ok too thats what I used)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 1 packet (4 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or sauté pan, cook the ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the meat is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet. Once the meat is cooked through, mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit if it is still too thin.
- Toss in the cilantro right before serving for some fresh color and flavor. Serve with a green salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Taco Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes