Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 pound(s) ground beef
- 2 envelope(s) taco seasoning
- 3 clove(s) pressed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornmeal
- 24 corn tortillas
- 1 24-ounce jar(s) salsa
- 1 cup(s) chopped scallions
- 1 pint(s) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 3 cup(s) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 3 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix chili powder and sour cream. Set aside.
- Cook and drain the ground beef. Add taco mix, garlic, cayenne, and water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan. Place 6 tortillas in bottom of pan, overlapping and extending up edges slightly. layer one cup salsa, 1/2 of meat, 1/2 cup green onion, 1/2 sour cream and 1 cup of each cheese.
- Repeat , starting again with 6 tortillas. Place 6 tortillas and remaining salsa on top. Bake 40 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note