Community Recipe from
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups tortilla chips or broken taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1. Cook ground turkey in skillet until browned. Drain. Add taco seasoning packet and
- water. Cook about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add pinto beans. Cook uncovered another 5 - 10 minutes or until liquid from tomatoes is reduced.
- 3. In an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish, place broken tortilla chips or taco shells.
- Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave about 3 minutes to melt cheese.
- 4. Top with lettuce, green onions, and red bell pepper. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Taco Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles