Yuuuumy ^_^ I made this and it taste really good. I don't normally like black beans but because of this recipe it has become one of my favorites. The recipe is easy to make and it taste good. I even toped it off with salsa. I will admit I used regular minute rice. I might try brown rice next time. I don't like brown rice but with this recipe it might taste as good as the beans.
Taco Beans and Rice
We call for ready-to-eat brown rice, but if you have leftover brown rice, this is the perfect time to use it. Grill some summer squash, which is at its peak from June through late August, for a fresh side to this Mexican-style dish.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 830mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped onion
- 1 (16-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add bell pepper and onion. Cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often. Stir in beans; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in half package of seasoning mix.
- 2. Place rice in a medium bowl; heat according to package directions. Add remaining half of seasoning mix to rice, stirring well to combine. Spoon bean mixture over rice; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note