Modified a little but loved it all the same. I only had cilantro on hand and used that instead of parsley. It was a pretty awesome substitute really (since parsley can be a bit strong for me) but the flavors are right on par and its a pretty quick and easy salad to make. Served it on top a bed of lettuce with some spinach artichoke hummus. This will be a go-to lunch for me.
Tabbouleh with Chicken and Red Pepper
Use rotisserie or leftover chicken for this dish, if you like. If you're making the mixture a few hours or more in advance, store the cucumber and tomato separately and add them close to serving time to keep the salad at its best. Serve with Lemony Hummus with Spicy Whole-Wheat Pita Chips for a flavorful, Middle East–themed light lunch.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1/2 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine bulgur and 1/2 cup boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until the bulgur is tender. Drain well; return bulgur to bowl. Cool.
- 2. Add tomato and remaining ingredients; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note