Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) bulgur wheat
- 2 whole(s) cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 whole(s) tomatoes, finely diced
- 5 whole(s) green onions finely chopped
- 3 whole(s) garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped mint leaves
- 2 cup(s) parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) EVOO
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) white sugar
- Place bulgur in a bowl then add 1-cup (240 ml) boiling water. Set this aside for 30 minutes while the bulgur soaks up the water. Prepare the cucumbers, garlic, onions, lemon juice, parsley, and mint. You will dice the tomatoes later.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bulgur, cucumbers , onions, garlic, parsley, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Toss the mixture until uniform, then cover and refrigerate at least six hours. Just before serving, add the tomatoes and toss again. The tomatoes get mushy if you add them earlier. Serve cold or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tabbouleh Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables