Love the flavor of the shrimp. I found the tabasco in the sour cream made it too hot for my taste combined with the spicyness of the shrimp. Even my husband who loves hot food thought it was too much. The next time I made it, I left the tabasco sauce out of the sour cream and it was great. After all, you can always add heat, but it's hard to take it away.
Tabasco Shrimp Tacos with Spiked Sour Cream
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos, 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture, and 1 tablespoon salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 269mg
- Iron: 5.5mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calcium: 274mg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 1/4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco), divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa verde (such as Herdez)
- Combine sour cream, 1 1/4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Combine remaining 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp mixture; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce and juice. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange about 2 ounces shrimp, 1/4 cup lettuce, and 1 tablespoon onion down center of each tortilla. Serve with sour cream mixture and salsa verde.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note