Szechwan Beef Burgers with Sweet and Hot Sauce
- BURGER PATTIES
- 1 tablespoon Szechwan seasoning* or to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- SWEET AND HOT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Red Plum Jam
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups prepared fried rice, warmed
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- COMBINE Szechwan seasoning, ginger, soy sauce, water and peanut butter in medium bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture. Gently combine the ingredients. Shape meat into eight (4-inch) patties. Refrigerate.
- COMBINE apricot preserves, plum jam, vinegar, ginger and pepper flakes in small bowl.
- COAT unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Grill patties 3 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. To serve, place 1/2 cup warm fried rice onto each plate. Top with 2 burgers, garnish with sweet and hot sauce and cilantro.
- *Szechwan seasoning is available in your grocer's spice aisle.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Szechwan Beef Burgers with Sweet and Hot Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes