will surely do it again, very yummy.
Szechuan Green Beans with Ground Pork
The Szechuan Green Beans with Ground Pork recipe is characteristic of the hot and spicy cuisine from the Szechuan province. You can substitute lean ground chicken or turkey for pork and asparagus for green beans.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 323mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture, beans, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until pork loses its pink color, stirring to crumble.
- Combine hoisin and next 3 ingredients (through soy sauce) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add hoisin mixture to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note