Szechuan Ginger Stir-Fry With Noodle Pancake
For assorted seafood, we used peeled, fresh shrimp and fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 6 ounces fine egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1/4 pounds assorted seafood
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 medium-size red or yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow pea pods, thawed
- Stir together first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add noodles, pressing evenly into bottom of skillet. Cook 8 minutes or until bottom is golden and crispy. Carefully invert onto a plate; return to skillet, crisp side up. Cook 5 minutes or until bottom is golden. Place on a serving platter, and cut into 6 wedges. Cover and keep warm.
- Stir-fry seafood and ginger in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and chili oil in skillet 2 minutes; remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and stir-fry bell pepper and pea pods 2 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Return seafood and stir-fry sauce mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Spoon over noodle wedges, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes