Fantastic! Lots of flavor. Really happy with this recipe. I would suggest prepping some of the veggies the night before. Lots of chopping made for a long prep time after getting home from work. I also thing the portions were larger than 1 cup of chicken stir fry. This recipe easily made 6 cups. Will make again!
Szechuan Chicken Stir-Fry
Chile paste and fresh ginger add just the right amount of heat to Szechuan Chicken Stir-Fry. Add a little zip to your weeknight dinners with this flavorful stir-fry.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 32.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup diagonally cut snow peas
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1. Combine 2 teaspoons sesame oil and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon canola oil; swirl. Add chicken; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- 2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil; swirl. Add bell peppers and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); stir-fry 1 minute. Add broth mixture; cook 30 seconds or until thick. Return chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes or until chicken is done. Spoon 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 plates; top each with 1 cup chicken mixture, green onions, and peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note