- 2 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mushroom Sauce
- Green pepper rings (optional)
- Pimiento strips (optional)
How to Make It
Pour chicken broth over stuffing mix; let stand 10 minutes.
Combine chicken, rice, eggs, chopped green pepper, chopped pimiento, and salt, stirring well. Add chicken mixture to stuffing mixture, stirring until blended. Spoon mixture into a heavily greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan. Place in a shallow pan containing about 1 inch water. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool completely before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve with Mushroom Sauce. Garnish with green pepper rings and pimiento strips, if desired.