This was extremely easy to make. I did use the homemade marinara sauce. I prepared two swordfish steaks (about 7 oz each), and thawed 1 cup of the marinara. This was more sauce than we needed. We probably only used 1/2 cup total. I made this with Fresh Vegetable Barley (Cooking Light, October 2007) and it was a yummy, healthy meal - only about 600 -700 calories total.
Swordfish with Lemony Red Sauce
Lemon rind enlivens the flavor of the marinara, and it's a natural match for fish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 32.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Basic Marinara
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine Basic Marinara and rind in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with fish and lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note