This was extremely easy to make. I did use the homemade marinara sauce. I prepared two swordfish steaks (about 7 oz each), and thawed 1 cup of the marinara. This was more sauce than we needed. We probably only used 1/2 cup total. I made this with Fresh Vegetable Barley (Cooking Light, October 2007) and it was a yummy, healthy meal - only about 600 -700 calories total.
Swordfish with Lemony Red Sauce
Lemon rind enlivens the flavor of the marinara, and it's a natural match for fish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 32.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Basic Marinara
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine Basic Marinara and rind in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with fish and lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes