Yum the saw is refreshing and delicious!
Swordfish with Cilantro-Lime Cream
Norman A. Plate
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 338mg
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- About 1 pound swordfish steaks (3/4 in. thick)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus a few sprigs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Lime wedges
- 1. Rinse swordfish steaks and pat dry. Dust with bread crumbs.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; add swordfish and cook until browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn fish over and cook until browned on other side and opaque but still moist in center (cut to test), 4 to 5 more minutes. Transfer fish to a warm platter; keep warm.
- 3. Add onion to pan and stir just to wilt, about 30 seconds. Add cilantro, lime juice, and cream, stirring until it boils vigorously, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide fish among 3 dinner plates. Pour sauce equally over fish. Garnish each plate with a lime wedge and cilantro sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes