- About 1 pound swordfish steaks (3/4 in. thick)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus a few sprigs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Lime wedges
- calories 297
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 28 g
- fat 18 g
- satfat 9.2 g
- carbohydrate 5.2 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 338 mg
- cholesterol 90 mg
How to Make It
Rinse swordfish steaks and pat dry. Dust with bread crumbs.
Melt butter in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; add swordfish and cook until browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn fish over and cook until browned on other side and opaque but still moist in center (cut to test), 4 to 5 more minutes. Transfer fish to a warm platter; keep warm.
Add onion to pan and stir just to wilt, about 30 seconds. Add cilantro, lime juice, and cream, stirring until it boils vigorously, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide fish among 3 dinner plates. Pour sauce equally over fish. Garnish each plate with a lime wedge and cilantro sprigs.