- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound new potatoes (about 12)
- 1 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 7 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- calories 411
- fat 21.8 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 12.4 g
- polyfat 3.5 g
- protein 36 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 112 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 614 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Rinse swordfish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place a vegetable steamer in a large saucepan filled one-third full with water; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cover and steam for 12 minutes.
Place bell peppers, almonds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pulse to combine.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with potatoes and sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.