Swordfish Mole Tacos
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 680
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 1/3 cup canned mole sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned swordfish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 corn tortillas (6 in.)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly shredded red or green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Lime wedges
- 1. In a bowl, mix mole and 1/3 cup water.
- 2. Rinse fish and pat dry; cut into 1-inch chunks and mix with mole sauce. Thread swordfish, pieces touching, onto thin metal skewers.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons water.
- 4. Lay tortillas on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds), close lid on gas grill. Turn to heat both sides, 1 to 2 minutes total. When tortillas are hot, stack in a towel-lined basket to keep warm.
- 5. Lightly oil grill and lay skewers on it. Barbecue fish (close lid on gas grill) until opaque but moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 8 minutes; turn once to cook evenly.
- 6. Put skewers on plates. To assemble each taco, top a tortilla with fish chunks, cabbage, tomatoes, mayonnaise mixture, and lime juice and salt to taste. Fold tortilla around filling to eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes