- 4 to 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
How to Make It
Prepare linguine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, sprinkle swordfish steaks with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, cover, and keep warm.
Sauté garlic in remaining 1 tablespoon oil 1 minute. Add mushrooms and wine; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in artichoke hearts and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately over drained pasta.
Wine Note: Artichokes have a reputation for being difficult to match with wine, but this is a good opportunity to try a different grape. Pair Wild Horse Viognier with this and other rich seafood dishes.