This is a good, solid recipe. I had to cook my round steak for almost an hour, however, before it got tender, and had to add some water to the sauce so it didn't scorch. It was devoured, no left overs!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) round steak 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 28 ounce(s) can tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 pound(s) mozarella cheese thinly sliced
- Pound meat with meat mallet to tenderize, Dredge meat in mixture of flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. On cook top, heat shortening in a 4-quart glass-ceramic casserole. Add meat Brown both sides. Cook onions until transparent. Stir in remaining ingredients including flour mixture, except cheese be sure all the meat is covered with liquid. cover and cook on Low for about 45 minutes or until, meat is tender, stirring every 15 minutes Top meat with cheese slices,
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Swiss Steak Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes