Swiss Onion Dip
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup(s) Onion, finely miced
- 2 cup(s) Swiss Cheese, grated
- 2 loaf(s) Sourdough Bread
- 1 bunch(es) Green Onions
- Note: sourdough bread (One to hold the dip, the other to tear into pieces for dipping. I use one of each for color.) or 2 loaves pumpernickel bread, bowl. (One to hold the dip, the other to tear into pieces for dipping. I use one of each for color.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix mayo, onion, swiss and chives(or green onion).
- Cut out center of bread bowl and put mixture in the cavity.
- Tear the bread that was cut from the center into bite size pieces, and do the same with the other loaf of bread.
- Wrap the stuffed bread bowl loosely with foil and put it into a baking pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- I usually uncover the top of the bowl for the last 10 minutes or so in order for the cheese dip to brown. Place the finished dip on a serving platter and sprinkle the torn bread pieces around it.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mcrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Swiss Onion Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes