I slightly changed the recipe based on some of the reviews. I used the one can of tomatoes, 1 small can of mexican rotel (spicy), and only 1 large can of green chilis. I added the extra garlic, cumin, and paprika. In order to make the milk sauce a little thicker, I also started by melting 1/2 T in the pan, 1 T of the flour, adding the milk little by little, then towards the last of the milk I mixed in the remaining 1 T of flour. Still wasn't thickening much, added some cheese which helped. Might try a different method next time. Served with homemade guacamole, pico de gallo, and plain greek yogurt (as our "sour cream"). Will definitely make this again!!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 7.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 726mg
- Calcium: 474mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, garlic, chiles, and tomatoes. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Set aside.
- Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture and about 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange filled tortillas in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour milk mixture over tortillas, and top evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil casserole for 3 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes