Swiss Cheese Cream Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; whisk in all-purpose flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese until melted and blended.
- Beat eggs with a fork until thick and pale. Gradually stir about one-fourth hot milk mixture into eggs; add egg mixture to remaining hot milk mixture, stirring constantly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts