Swiss Cheese Appetizer Tarts
Stand: 15 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) (about 14 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon(s) thawed and well drained frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoon(s) crisp-cooked bacon, finely chopped
- • Heat the oven to 400ºF.
- • Place 1 pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pie crust to 1/8-inch-thick. Cut the crust into 12 (2 3/4-inch) circles with a cutter. Repeat with the remaining pie crust, making 24 circles in all. Press the pastry circles into 24 (2 1/2-inch) muffin-pan cups.
- • Beat the eggs, sour cream, mustard, nutmeg and red pepper in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Stir in the cheese, onion, spinach and bacon. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each muffin-pan cup. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired.
- • Bake for 15 minutes or until the tarts are golden brown. Let the tarts cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note