I made this tonight and my family loved it - even my picky kids! I used chicken & apple sausages that I had on hand and left out the mushrooms, only because I didn't have any. It was quick, easy, and yummy. Perfect for a quick family meal. I'll make this one again and try some ingredient variations.
Swiss Chard and Sausage Frittata
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 478mg
- Cholesterol: 236mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Italian turkey sausages (8 oz. total), casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat broiler with a rack set 4 in. from heat. Heat oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Cook sausage, stirring often, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion and cook until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in Swiss chard, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl until starting to foam. Stir in cheese and salt. Pour mixture into pan with vegetables; cook on stove until the bottom sets, about 3 minutes. Broil until firm and browned, 3 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch