Swiss Chard and Cannellini Bean Bruschetta is a healthier take on this classic Italian appetizer. Top each bread slice with the bean purée and a heaping tablespoon of Swiss chard. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and broil.
Oxmoor House JUNE 2006
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cut garlic clove in half. Coarsely chop 1 garlic half; set aside remaining half.
3. Coat bread slices with cooking spray; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side.
4. While bread bakes, place coarsely chopped garlic, beans, and next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil; process until smooth.
5. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Swiss chard; sauté 30 seconds or just until wilted. Remove from heat; toss with balsamic vinegar.
6. Preheat broiler.
7. Rub 1 side of each toasted bread slice with reserved cut side of garlic. Top with 1 tablespoon bean purée and a heaping tablespoon of Swiss chard. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts.
Bruschetta (broo-SKEH-tah), grilled garlic bread, becomes a healthy appetizer when topped with Swiss chard and beans.
Go to full version of