Swiss Chard and Cannellini Bean Bruschetta
Swiss Chard and Cannellini Bean Bruschetta is a healthier take on this classic Italian appetizer. Top each bread slice with the bean purée and a heaping tablespoon of Swiss chard. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and broil.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut Italian or French bread baguette
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup drained canned cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 Swiss chard leaves, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cut garlic clove in half. Coarsely chop 1 garlic half; set aside remaining half.
- 3. Coat bread slices with cooking spray; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side.
- 4. While bread bakes, place coarsely chopped garlic, beans, and next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil; process until smooth.
- 5. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Swiss chard; sauté 30 seconds or just until wilted. Remove from heat; toss with balsamic vinegar.
- 6. Preheat broiler.
- 7. Rub 1 side of each toasted bread slice with reserved cut side of garlic. Top with 1 tablespoon bean purée and a heaping tablespoon of Swiss chard. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Bruschetta (broo-SKEH-tah), grilled garlic bread, becomes a healthy appetizer when topped with Swiss chard and beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This