I agree this is a delicious dish.
Swiss Baked Potatoes
This homey gratin partners nicely with pork or other grilled meats. Dotting the top with butter adds richness.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 106
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 6 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange one-third of potato slices in the bottom of a shallow 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third of onion slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with one-third of cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese. Dot with butter. Pour broth over potato mixture. Coat top layer with cooking spray. Cover with foil, and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Swiss Baked Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This