Easy, quick, pretty- they present well, and people always seem to like them.
Swirled Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Bars
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, pumpkin, and 1/3 cup water until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. In another bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg; stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended. Spread batter evenly in a buttered and floured 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- 2. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, remaining egg, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- 3. Drop cream cheese mixture in 24 evenly spaced 1-tablespoon portions over batter. Pull a knife tip through filling to swirl slightly into batter.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until center of pumpkin batter (not cream cheese mixture) springs back when touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan, then cut into 24 bars.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per bar.
You can chill them airtight for up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This