Sweetie Pie Soup
Community Recipe from
- BUFFALO PEANUT BUTTER
- cup(s) 3 ¾ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- teaspoon(s) 1 tsp. kosher salt
- teaspoon(s) 1 ½ tsp. honey
- teaspoon(s) 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil
- cup(s) ½ cup buffalo peanut butter
- tablespoon(s) 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ¾ teaspoon(s) salt
- ¼ teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece(s) piece ginger root peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ pound(s) sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 14 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cup(s) water
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Buffalo Peanut Butter Preparation:
- Place Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®, salt, and honey into the bowl of a food processor, process for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, place the lid on and continue the process while slowly drizzling in 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Soup Preparation:
- Heat 1 tbsp. peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and cayenne pepper, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, buffalo peanut butter, and water; bring to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Simmer covered until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Purée with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes