Surprise your family, neighbors and even coworkers with a thoughtful Valentine's Day gift. Fill heart-shaped chocolate boxes or pretty tins with homemade goodies and give them away with a smile. It takes less than an hour to prepare each of these treats, but it'll look like you worked all day.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 28mg
- 1 (15 oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 (10 oz.) jar seedless raspberry preserves or strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- Red sparkling sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold piecrusts on a lightly floured surface and roll to press out fold lines. Cut with a 2-inch, heartshaped cookie cutter. Reroll remaining dough and repeat procedure. (There should be a total of 46 pastry hearts.) Brush one side of each pastry heart with egg white and sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Place pastry hearts on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire racks and let cool. Stir together cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp. butter and almond extract until blended.
- Spread cream-cheese mixture evenly over unsugared side of half of the heart cookies, followed by about 1/2 tsp. preserves. Top with remaining hearts, unsugared sides down.
- Microwave white chocolate morsels and 1 Tbsp. butter in a glass bowl on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir mixture until smooth; seal in a small, heavy-duty zip-top bag. Snip a tiny hole in one corner, then drizzle mixture over tarts. Cool completely; sprinkle with red sugar and place in candy boxes, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note