- 1 bag DOVE® Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Hearts
- 1 bag red, pink and white M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies for Valentine's Day for decorating
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- Various heart-shaped cookie cutters (Have fun! Use big and little heart cut-outs; scalloped edges add variety.)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
How to Make It
Prep time: 25 min.
Baking time: 8-10 min.
Decoration time: 20 min.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt, egg and vanilla and continue to beat until well blended. Gradually blend in flour until fully incorporated. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface or between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes or use heart-shaped cookie cutters. Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake until golden brown (8-10 minutes). Cool.
To melt DOVE® Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Hearts, microwave approximately 3-4 minutes on medium power, stirring every 20-30 seconds, being very careful not to burn.
Dip cookies in the melted DOVE® Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Hearts. Dip a cookie edge or an entire side of a cookie in the chocolate. You can also try painting the chocolate on the cookies using a baker's spatula or a table knife. Then decorate with M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Valentine's Day.